Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 8-Part 1 Glory to the One and Only

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him." I Corinthians 2:9

"'For I know the plans I have for you.' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5

If we knew the real plans for our life and could forsee the future would we change our path? I think a lot of us would. I think we would see the bad coming we would change our direction, it is Human nature. But when you have a close relationship with God you can forsee your future...you can see that he will always be there by your side no matter what. You can trust that he will get you through the bad because there is a greater purpose in that trial. Our lives as parents of kids with Autism or even just kids of special needs is definately a trail but if we continue to trust God's plan there are greater blessings waiting for us. THis is what Kathy Medina had to say in reference to her biblical verse (I Corinthians 2:9) for today's devotional "The Hebrew word for prepare is hetolmazo. It refers to the spiritual blessings prepared by God for those of us that belong to Him. Imagine that, God is preparing a spiritual blessing for each of us!" Like I have said in previous posts, sometimes the only thing that gets me through some days is trusting in God's plan for my Son. He is a Spiritual Blessing to me because he has taught me so much about God and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment