Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 4-Part 2, Still Sleepy

I am still exhausted and I am pretty certain that I did as little as possible today... Dishes, not done, only one load of laundry done and the kids were not in bed until almost 10pm...UGH!

Yesterday was an OK day but the getting up early and going to bed late was starting to get to me and of course Peanut had to go and make it worse by waking up extra early this morning :)

Last Night's Devotional was about not giving up...The Bible reference was Luke 18:1-8. I am too tired to write it out, it is a long one but I hope you look it up and read it. I admittedly have given up on discipline for my Monkey. It seemed as though nothing works and then I read when you have a "normal" child in the home with your Special needs child you have to enforce typical discipline so one does not feel favored over the other...UGH! is all I have to say to that. Disciplining a child with special needs honestly feels like banging your head against a brick wall. I had all together given up until my Mom sent me an email from Amazon recommending a book about disciplining a child with ASD (Positive Discipline for Children with Special Needs: Raising and Teaching All Children to Become Resilient, Responsible, and Respectful by Jane Nelsen)...WOW...exactly what I am looking for. I have yet to get the book but it gave me new hope and I am hoping it will be discipline that works for both kids so peanut never thinks I favor Monkey over him and we can have some consistency in the house.

Honestly, since Monkey was diagnosed one of my biggest fear has been that Peanut would feel I am favoring his brother over him when really it is just that they respond differently because of Monkey being different. My biggest fear has been realized in a way I never thought...Peanut is picking up some of Monkey's behaviors just because he looks up to Monkey. It is obvious that Peanut does not have the delays that Monkey had but Peanut is only 2 and he is in the developmental stage where he is taking his ques from his big brother and that is making things difficult for me lately. I struggle constantly and this book Amazon Recommended has given me new hope. I went to one book store today and they did not have the book so I plan to check all the stores before ordering it online. Tomorrow Hubby is off and I am getting a kid free day to do whatever I want and one of the things I plan to do is hunt for this book :)

Again, God saw what was needed in my life and gave me the devotional I needed for this time...He is so good to me and I am excited for the future...

I did not get a non-biblical study in last night I was too tired and started to fall asleep so I will make up for that tomorrow night, PROMISE! Hubby plans to do the Legal Course with me since he is off and I will have lots to write about then!

Thank you to all the new followers of this blog! I hope I do not disappoint!

2 comments:

  1. You never disappoint my sweet. You are a very good mama. Get some rest and tomorrow is a new day. xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good spiritual blog.
    I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.

    ReplyDelete