Friday, February 25, 2011

Peppermint Patty Brownies By Miss Betty Crocker

I got this recipe from the gluten free section of Betty Crocker's Website and it is AMAZING!


First you make the Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownie Mix, just follow the directions on the box...





And I let Monkey lick the spoon cause he never gets to lick the spoon when I make regular cakes for Daddy's work and it is a HUGE treat :)


When it is complete you let it cool for 1 hr...


While it is cooling you can make the peppermint filling. First you mix 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk with 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract in the mixer and then you slowly add enough powdered sugar to make it crumbly (your total amount of powdered sugar for this recipe is 2 1/2-3 cups)

After it looks like this sprinkle the counter with powdered sugar and place the mixture on top of the powdered sugar so that you can begin kneading it into a ball.

I tripled the recipe when I made it because I was making some regular brownies for my husband's staff as well.

Now make sure you let that brownie cool the full hour or you may end up with it looking something like this when you spread the peppermint over the top of the brownie...

Still tasted good and you cover it with frosting so it doesn't much mater but it does make your job a little harder :)
Then you frost it...I cheated on Betty because the store was out of her whipped version of chocolate frosting and I prefer the whipped one because it is easier to spread.

And Voila!


Over the next few weeks I will share all my yummy holiday gluten free goodness recipes...YUM YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment